The Theses of the forth round again revealed high motivation and hard working of SpaceMasters which concluded with high-quality Thesis reports. The Theses were examined by professors Aarne Halme from TKK and Kalevi Hyyppä from Luleå. Laboratory personnel as personal instructors for the students were Seppo Heikkilä, Marek Matusiak, Hu Zhongliang, Sami Terho, Jari Saarinen, Eric Halbach, Jose-Luis Peralta and Tomi Ylikorpi.
Richard Paisley, researching wheel-legged robot simulation, spent 3 months in Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China (SpaceMaster partner university); and Tuomas Haarnoja, researching simulation and control of a limit-cycle walking biped, spent similar time in NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California (USA); both preparing their Theses that were continued and finished back at TKK.
The following Thesis topics were given to the fourth round students:
- Tuomas Haarnoja, Dynamic Modeling and Velocity Control for Limit Cycle Walking, abstract
- Richard Paisley, Software control of eight wheeled-legged hybrid robot, abstract
- Yanning He, Development of Robust Control Software for a Ball Shaped Robot, abstract
- Shi Yifei, Development, Design and construction of control system for a ball shaped robot, abstract
- Sven Mikael Persson, Coordinated Control of Two Robotic Manipulators for Physical Interactions with Astronauts, abstract
- Asad Ibne Moin, Position and orientation estimation of a front loader bucket using stereo vision, abstract
Graduation ceremony at TKK 'Saha'-building September 3rd. 2010.
The graduation of the fourth round TKK SpaceMaster students took again place in historic building 'Saha' in Otaniemi campus. 'Saha' stands for a 'sawmill' and it was designed and built along with other important parts of Otaniemi campus by architect office of Alvar Aalto in 1954-1955.
A quartet from The Polytech Choir
|A quartet from The Polytech Choir presented a few traditional songs both in Finnish and in English. |
|Mikael gave his speech in favor of SpaceMaster students.|
Four out of six graduates were present with their friends and families. They received the certificates given by the rector and enjoyed coffee and cake. The row shows also Tomi and Anja.
Photos by Juha Juvonen.