Read the Introduction to Neocybernetics!
- Heikki Hyötyniemi, group leader
- Kalle Halmevaara, analysis of complex automation systems
- Olli Haavisto, analysis of genetic and metabolic systems
- Jan Tiri, simulation of ecosystems
- Simbiot — Symbiosis of mill modelling and computational methods
- SyMbolic — Systemic Models for Metabolic Dynamics and Regulation of Gene Expression
- TeMa — Testing Manager
- Publications and Presentations
- Featured theses by Olli Haavisto, Kalle Halmevaara, Michael Sailer , Hans-Christian Pfisterer , and Heiko Patz
- AS-74.4192 Course on Elementary Cybernetics
- AS-74.4191 Course on the background mathematics
- Example: Simulation of a cybernetic ecosystem
- Cybernetics on Wikipedia
- The Cybernetics Society
- The American Society for Cybernetics
- Principia Cybernetica
- Visit the Neocybernetics Webblog!
I think that cybernetics is the biggest bite out of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge that mankind has taken in the last 2000 years. But most such bites out of the apple have proven to be rather indigestible — usually for cybernetic reasons.