AS-74.4192 Elementary Cybernetics
This course gives postgraduate students a view towards the possibilities of tomorrow's cybernetics, concentrating on the neocybernetic framework. The course has been lectured at Helsinki University of Technology TKK since 2005.
There are 12 lectures and an additional seminar session where students can apply the intuitions in their own application fields. There are also two excercise sessions to get acquainted with the mathematical tools. The students are asked to write a "lecture diary", so that the emergence of the "cybernetic thinking" becomes hopefully documented. The official page of the course can be found here.
The (more or less stabilized!) contents of the course is as follows:
- Research on Complex Systems
- Towards Modeling of Emergence
- Neocybernetic Basic Models
- Association to Populations
- Role of Control
- ”Emergent Models”
- Practical Experiments
- About ”Artificial Evolution”
- Special Challenge: Cognitive Systems
- Power of Analogies
- Philosophical Consequences
- Seminar presentations