The AGRIX-project (2003-2005) has ended and this page will no longer be updated.
Contact: professor Arto Visala
In precision farming, cultivation operations, timing and the amount of cultivation material inputs, are adapted to local optimal values relative to the needs of the cultivated plant in accordance with the soil characteristics and nutrient content.
The goal of Agrix-project is to develop a prototype of an open, generic and configurable automation platform for agricultural machinery. Also fault tolerance and remote maintenance are important research topics.
- Using computer aided planning of farming operations is already required for getting agricultural environmental aid
- Digitized field plot maps and aerial pictures of fields can be downloaded from the internet
- Price of position technology has significantly dropped
- It is time to close the control loop i.e. to use position based control in agricultural machines
- The goal of Agrix-project is to develop a prototype of an open, generic and configurable automation platform for agricultural machinery
Generality and Configurability
- How to apply factory automation configuration model in Agrix system?
- The architecture and implementation of automation system
- User interface
- Positioning and navigation
- Telematics and remote maintenance
- Wireless communication between the tractor and the implement
- Optimization of driving paths
- New measurements and technologies
- Agrix is a 3 year project
|Testing the fast prototype||Summer 2003|
|Specification, design and implementation of the basic system||Winter 2003/2004|
|Testing the basic system with different agricultural implements||Summer 2004|
|Methods research and implementation of the advanced system||Winter 2004/2005|
|Testing the advanced system||Summer 2005|